Challenge: A major forklift manufacturer selling through premium, dedicated dealers began to see a serious slowdown in sales. Dealers claimed the typical issues – the economy, weak inquiries, too expensive and weaker support
Solution: Barlow Strategic Sales & Marketing dug deep to find the truth and produced options that led to reforms.
- Clearly identified the facts first with the manufacturer.
- Defined the goals and research process.
- Executed direct contact with 75% of its dealer management.
- Employed a knowledgeable, yet conversational issue-driven research approach.
- Analysis concluded many dealers had added a higher priced, more technically-advanced forklift line.
- Recommended and helped execute a refocus sales program.
- Sales began shifting back.